Marshall B. Rosenberg Ph.D.
Topics include: Making requests that meet your need for love, Giraffe giving, Hearing the need behind the “No”, The cost of hearing a rejection, Giraffe Love. Includes questions and answers, and role plays.
Intimate Relationships This recording is from an International Intensive Training (IIT) in Nonviolent Communication led by Marshall B. Rosenberg, Ph. D.
- Intro, theory, love request exercise
- Love request exercise responses
- Role play, making a request and…
- memnoon theory #1
- memnoon #2 (if you hear rejection)
- memnoon theory #3
- memnoon Question & role play
- How to check for memnoon energy
- Before I say “yes”
- Guessing the need behind the no
- Story of son shoveling old lady’s walk
- Question on giving
- Giraffe giving
- Strongest need we have…
- Expression Role Play
- Seeing the beauty in our need
- Fear of being given to
- Role play on financial support
- Question #1 on last role play
- Question #2 on last role play
- Money role play
- “Don’t be a fix it Jackal”
- Interrupting in Giraffe
Many thanks to all the Corona 2000 IIT participants, and especially those who did deep role play work and sent in release forms. Blessings to you all for this gift. Special thanks to Ike Lasater for his support, guidance, legal and administrative efforts. Also thanks to Kay Schwarzrock for her presence and website postings. Recorded at Corona, CA 2000 – Produced and edited by Eric Altshuler. Photo by Beth Banning.
Content by PuddleDancer Press. Use of content okay with attribution. Please visit www.nonviolentcommunication.com to learn more about Nonviolent Communication.