Experiencing Needs as a Gift
Marshall B. Rosenberg Ph.D.
Recorded during an International Intensive Training (IIT) in Nonviolent Communication led by Marshall B.
Rosenberg, Ph. D. this audio dives into experiencing needs as a gift. Learn more about “saying bullshit in giraffe.” Discover the cost of giving from non pure energy and the benefit of doing it only if it’s play. Explore hearing the need behind “no” and much more!
- Needy judgment role play (16:39)
- When are needs are not heard (1:47)
- What is a need? (13:01)
- Vestiges from the past (2:44)
- Memnoon and Mitzvah (3:22)
- Hearing a demand example (2:08)
- Hearing the need behind NO (3:19)
- Self-fullness vs self-ish & -less (2:46)
- The captain story (3:25)
- The cost of non pure giving (4:13)
- “Given to” song (1:12)
- We never do anything wrong (1:24)
- Warning to women (1:17)
- Do it only if it’s play (2:26)
- Saying bullshit in Giraffe (1:31)
- Selfless mother role play (5:56)
- When a discussion ends (2:43)
- End of session (1:10)
Total Audio Runtime (1:11:03)
Please note: In some places of this recording the quality of the audio is not as high as others in the series.
Many thanks to all the Corona 2000 IIT participants, and especially those who did deep role play work and sent in release forms. Blessings to you all for this gift. Special thanks to Ike Lasater for his support, guidance, legal and administrative efforts. Also thanks to Kay Schwarzrock for her presence and website postings. Recorded at Corona, CA 2000 – Produced and edited by Eric Altshuler. Photo by Beth Banning. Special thanks to Ruth Bebermeyer for the use of her song “Given To”.